bOOK YOUR SPOT
What to expect
Ever dreamed of being in a glass and metal cage with three other people and yellow balls flying at you?
Then it’s your chance to turn this dream into reality, but expect to laugh along the way and become addicted to it!
Padel is the trendiest racket sport of the moment. Invented by our Hispanic friends (who are known to be fun loving), this sport will make you want to share a cage with your hamster when you can’t play.
A mixture of tennis and squash but way easier to handle and also softer on your muscles, Padel is a sport that is played only in doubles on what looks like a small tennis court surrounded by glass and metal fencing.
Tennis balls and rackets (like the racket you’ve played at the beach with) are all you need to enjoy this sport (rackets and balls provided).
What is Padel:
– Introduction to Padel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLbEkhcvvQc
– Crazy Padel points: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALMJHkxpayE
- 2 or 3 courts
- Up to 12 players
- All levels mixed
- In a very exclusive club
- Best if you’ve already played some racquet sports
- Fun and relaxed atmosphere
- Fee: CHF 20.– for one and a half hours to pay in advance when you arrive.
- What to bring: Bring indoor sports shoes and sports clothes. We’ll bring rackets and balls for all of you. There is a locker-room and showers if needed.
- Tips: want to improve or to learn some new tricks from a professional coach so you can test yourself in one of our very friendly (and completely not official) tournaments? Your wish is granted! Lessons and tournaments are regularly organised so stay tuned!
- Access: A pickup from Rive can sometimes be possible (please send me a private message if interested).
Otherwise, bus V until stop “Genthod, Vieux-Valavran” (20min from Cornavin) and then walk 4 minutes to the Country Club or train to Genthod-Bellevue and then walk 15 minutes – https://countryclubgeneva.ch/.
Please note that this is a private club and that we are allowed to use only the Padel courts and showers.
- Meeting point: As it can be tricky to find the Padel courts if you don’t know the place, let’s meet 15 minutes before in the main lobby just after the entrance next to the reception. If you want to join us directly on the court, go downstairs on the left of the reception desk and then turn left and go on the corridor. You will see the courts through the window.
Note: Please do not cancel your RSVP on the day of the event. Any cancellation less than 24h before the event will be charged.
- Please only answer “going” if you are sure to come as places are limited.
- Please note that the event will be cancelled if the minimum participant required is not reached.
- Please note that the organiser declines all responsibility for any injuries during the activity.